Position Title: Level II/III – Network & Technical Account Specialist (TAS)
Overview of Position:
We are looking for a confident, outgoing person that loves working with technology, troubleshooting problems and enjoys the satisfaction that comes from helping people with their technology problems.
This individual will be responsible to perform the necessary network administration, troubleshooting, maintenance and IT documentation for the Total Network Care (TNC) managed service clients, which are assigned to their responsibility. This will occur onsite and remotely as needed or scheduled.
As a Technical account specialist you will be encouraged to identify areas of need in the client’s technology or day to day operations and provide that feedback to the account manager for possible sales opportunities.
This team member will also be responsible to implement new technology solutions to address client needs that are provided by the Account Manager or sale team.
This position requires an ongoing desire to acquire new skills to ensure technical competency and to also to keep pace with the evolution of the IT industry.
Additional Skills Needed:
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems, products and applications (MS Office, Antivirus, Malware, Email systems, etc.)
- Experience in Windows Server operating systems including installation and configuration of Windows server platforms
- General understanding of server technologies
- Experience performing VMware installations
- Experience installing/configuring TCP/IP networks
- Cloud platform familiarity- Office 365, Google, Azure, AWS
- Understanding of VoIP is a plus
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to manage short term projects independently & with a team
- Ability to escalate and work with manufacturer support
- Ability to liaison vendors for clients to provide support for client (ISP, Copier company, LOB vendors, etc.)
- 3 – 5 years or more of network troubleshooting and server virtualization experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or the equivalent in experience
- Any relevant certifications are a plus: MCSE, MCP, VCDX, CCNP, CCIE, A+, Network+, Security+
What we expect from all Preferred employees:
- Disciplined, organized and efficient
- Take ownership, pride and accountability in work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Record of stable job history
- Ongoing desire to acquire new skills
- Strong time management skills
- Reliable transportation for travel to and from client locations
- Available to occasionally work nights and weekends if needed
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of a fast-paced and growing entrepreneurial firm
- Little to no travel outside of Chicago
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive base salary
- Good health care package
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Work for a company that cares about its employees